Vorbital Player Version 4.42
Vorbital Player Version 4.42 for Windows 10/8/7/Vista (11.8 MB)
Vorbital is an MP3 and Ogg Vorbis music player. It uses OpenAL and is small and compact in order to take up as
little screen space as possible (though you can, of course, resize the window if you would like a larger playlist).
Vorbital doesn't presume to manage your music library for you. We trust you to do that in the way that you want to.
MP3 is the de facto standard in digital music. Most modern music is encoded as MP3s.
Ogg Vorbis is a free music codec that is unencumbered by patents and can be freely used by everyone. Audio encoded with Vorbis is usually slightly higher quality than an MP3 recorded at the same bitrate.
Vorbital supports playback of MP3, Ogg Vorbis, .WAV, FLAC, Wavpack, AIFF, and SND format audio files.
A few sample Ogg Vorbis files are available at
If you'd like to find more music to play, try MusicSrch, the Music Search Engine.
The Vorbital Player is free software and may be distributed freely.
The source code to Vorbital Player is available on Github under the MIT license.
What's new in version 4.42 of Vorbital Player:
- First open-source version under the MIT license.
- Updated libsndfile library from 1.0.27 to 1.0.28.
What's new in version 4.41 of Vorbital Player:
- Volume slider now defaults to 100% on a new install.
- Adding songs while player is playing no longer makes next track jump to the beginning.
What's new in version 4.4 of Vorbital Player:
- Now displays song length for Ogg Vorbis files.
- The slider can now be dragged to change song position for MP3, OGG, WAV, SND, AIFF, and FLAC files.
- Wavpack playback libraries updated to version 5.1.0.
What's new in version 4.31 of Vorbital Player:
- Improved display of songs with a period in the middle of the filename.
What's new in version 4.3 of Vorbital Player:
- Added FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) playback support.
- Updated to the latest version of mpg123 MP3 playback library.
- Fixed a bug with reading incomplete ID3v2 tags on MP3 files.
- Added display of artist, album, and track info for Wavpack files if those tags are set in the file.
- Added support for playing a file from the command line.
- Now remembers the last directory selected when adding files and defaults to that when adding files again, and remembers the last-used directory across program runs.
What's new in version 4.2 of Vorbital Player:
- Shows more info for currently playing MP3 files.
- Now shows a progress bar for MP3, WAV, AIFF, SND, and Ogg Vorbis files.
What's new in version 4.11 of Vorbital Player:
- Now remembers the last song that was playing when saving/loading playlists so you can continue listening where you left off.
- Re-added minimize button lost in the switch to Qt.
- No longer keeps open file locks for MP3 files after they're done playing.
What's new in version 4.1 of Vorbital Player:
- Updates to ogg, vorbis, sndfile, and wavpack libraries.
- Loading a folder now also loads everything in its subfolders.
- Will now load AlbumArtSmall.jpg if Folder.jpg doesn't exist.
- GUI improvements.
What's new in version 4.0 of Vorbital Player:
- Support for playing .mp3 files.
- Support for displaying album art.
- The program now remembers the volume setting, shuffle setting, and last window size when you exit, restoring them next time the program runs.
- Clicking the vorbitaplayer.com website link in the about box now tells you if there's a newer version of the software when you visit the site.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the program to crash on exit.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an item in the playlist to play twice in a row when double-clicked.
- Now available for Ubuntu Linux.
What's new in version 3.1 of Vorbital:
- Support for Audio Interchange File Format (.aif and .aiff) files.
- Support for Apple SND (.snd) files.
What's new in version 3 of Vorbital:
- Support for Wavpack (.wv) files.
- Support for Wave (.wav) files.
- User interface improvements.
What's new in version 2 of Vorbital:
- Added "randomize" button.
- Fixed function of pause button so it behaves as a pause rather than stop.
- Added "load directory" button.
- Playlist now supports drag-and-drop.
- Volume control slider added.
- Added "clear playlist" button.
- Fixed a handful of bugs and oddities.
- Add file button now supports multiple selections.
Vorbital Player has had more than 88000 downloads.